Thank you, Amy Metz, for the nomination. I encourage all my readers to check out her wonderful blog:
Here are the rules for participation on the Liebster Blog Award:
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
Here are 11 things about myself:
- I am the mother of four wonderful kids.
- I am addicted to coffee.
- I am obsessed with Grumpy Cat.
- I love Crocs.
- I love creating blogs and I’m starting to think I should have been a website designer.
- I had a tooth pulled yesterday
- My favorite color used to be green, but now it’s purple.
- I used to work in accounting
- I can crochet scarves, but nothing else because I only know three stitches.
- I love Mexican food.
- I wear reading glasses.
Here are the 11 QUESTIONS given to me by Amy, which I will pass on to those 11 bloggers nominated at the bottom of this post:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I went to a Writer’s Meetup Group here in St Louis and the leader said it was important to set up our author platforms by blogging. Of course I had no idea what I was doing when I first started (maybe I still don’t), but I try to blog three times a week on my Personal Blog. I do author interviews and book reviews here on Authors to Watch and the reason I started this blog was to help authors promote their work and to help readers find amazing new books to read.
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
Anything. It’s hard to choose. I love romance, paranormal, fantasy, and mainstream fiction.
3. What fictional character do you most wish were real?
Harry Potter. I love the whole world J.K. Rowling created.
4. Describe your dream office for writing.
This is a toughie. I like to dream about a cozy, book-shelf-lined office in a log cabin on a snow covered mountain. My other fantasy involves writing in a big, open office with a bay window that looks out at the ocean.
5. Name one thing you couldn’t live without.
6. If you could only keep one book, what would it be?
Pride & Prejudice.
7. If you could magically transport yourself into any book, which one would you choose,
and what character would you be?
Harry Potter, of course. I’d love to be Professor McGonagall because she’s wise, calm, and compassionate.
8. Do you have any phobias?
Insects, hair, dentists, and newspaper print.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who lick their fingers before turning a page in a book. Yuck!
10. Describe yourself in five words.
Wife, mom, reader, writer, friend.
11. Who is your favorite well-known author and your favorite rising star author?